- Try different searches - it's free & only cost a
little time. Don't give up after one or two tries. Use multiple search
words (10 or less) & change their order
(left to right in importance). Try them in different combinations.
- Think of words the authors used on their web pages
& especially words that make the page unique.
- If you are looking for reliable information, don't go
too far down the list of results. Stay with the higher ranked pages.
- Use the "similar pages" link or the "~" or "link:" qualifiers
to broaden the search.
- For broken links or for pages that don't display
completely, use the "cached" link (example).
- Use double quotes (" ") for phrases &